Saturday 10 August 2013

LIFE IS A BLANK CANVAS.
IT'S UP TO YOU HOW COLOURFUL YOU MAKE IT.


I was inspired to make this art journal page by the packaging from my box of Liquitex paints that I recently purchased. There was a grid pattern of vibrantly coloured squares and rectangles which I decided to cut apart and use them as the basis of my page.

Here are some pictures of the finished page followed by my YouTube video explaining in more detail and including a fast speed step-by-step of how I created it and the products I used.

I wanted to capture a mood of happiness like a carnival with bright vibrant colours.
I  took my lead from the squares of packaging and I used stencils with Liquitex Ink, acrylic paint, Faber Castelle PITT Big Brush Artist Pens, Rubber Stamps and Guilding Flakes to create a kaleidoscope of patterns and textures.






Please watch the video

 

No comments:

Post a Comment