Friday 1 November 2013

Happy Halloween


I know I'm a day late, but life sometimes gets on top of you and there's no time for crafting.

I'd like to share a Halloween Art Shrine that I was inspired to make by an old project by Linda of LiveArtNow, that I've given a Halloween twist in my own style.

I've constructed the shadow box in the same way that I've shown in previous Shadow Box Stepper Card tutorials ( See my previous posts and  check out my YouTube Channel). I've constructed the box and wings from chipboard covered with Metal Foil tape, then run through  embossing folders. I then painted everything with black acrylic paint and once dry added some Inka Gold guilding wax to give it a metallic look.

The inside of the box is lined with paper from an old collection by DCWV. I've then cut out a web from a piece of Halloween organza that I found in my local Poundland store and adhered it to the sides of the shadow box. I rubbed the white skeleton all over with cream acrylic paint to age his bones and then dyed a piece of cheese cloth with Lindys Stamp gang spray and attached it to the skeleton as his old tattered clothes. A large creepy spider was then adhered to the top of the box.

A large bat was added to the top of the shrine and I added some bronze tones Inka Gold to highlight.

I hope you enjoy my project and look forward to reading your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment