Saturday 11 January 2014

Craft Stamper Take It, Make It Challenge #6


Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas.

For one of my new years resolutions I thought I would participate in some challenges in 2014 to stretch my creativity and where better to start than with a challenge from the wonderful Craft Stamper Magazine.

This months challenge is to use the Ombré Technique with stamping. The definition of Ombré for those who may not be familiar with the term is: having colours or tones that shade into each other - used especially of fabrics in which the colour is graduated from light to dark.

I have created a plaque using a gorgeous Paper Artsy stamp set by Jofy which I love. 



To create the Ombré background I blended several colours of Tim Holtz Distress Inks onto white card graduating down the page from light to dark. ( Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Salty Ocean & Faded Jeans).
I then, used a stiff paintbrush to flick tiny droplets of water all over the page then blotted with kitchen roll. Distress Ink reacts with water so this created a nice bubbly variation to the colours to add more interest. 
After this I distressed the edges of the card with the Tim Holtz Distress tool. 
I stamped my design using the Jofy stamps with StayZon black ink, masking certain areas as I went along with Post-it notes to achieve the design I wanted.
I drew over the stems again with a dark green Promarker pen then added tiny dots to the seed heads with a Wink-of-Stella clear pen for some sparkle.
Using white Colorbox Pigment Ink I took the crosshatch stamp from the same set and randomly stamped over the background
I  stamped the heads of the flowers several times more onto plain white card and coloured these with bright Promarker pens before I cut them out and decoupaged them with foam adhesive squares to add dimension to the flowers.
I did the same again with the centers of each flower to add another dimensional layer then covered these with Glossy Accents for a lovely shine. I also added more of the clear Wink-of-Stella pen around the edge of each flower.
I stamped the message with Black Soot Distress Ink onto thick white card then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
I  blended the same various distress inks in the Ombré fashion over the words then cut them into individual word strips and adhered them to the top of my plaque. I darkened around the edges with a black graphite pencil to make them stand out.
The final step was to adhere the panel onto black card.

Here you can see a clearer view of the Glossy accents shining in the centre of each flower,  the water droplet effect with Distress Ink on the background and the distressed edge of the white card.

Win or lose, I had great fun creating this little plaque and I really like the Ombré look. I'll definitely be using it again in future projects. 

10 comments:

  1. VERY cool!!! Love the glossy accents and water drops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lovely effect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exquisite attention to details in creating this card...well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fabulous and fun! Thank you for playing along in Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great plaque with lots love lovely details and a fab ombre background! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! Gorgeous blues and the pop of pink is fabulous! Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper ombré challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for choosing my entry as the winner. I'm just so darn happy. LOL

      Delete
  8. Congrats Lynn! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete