Thursday 10 August 2017

Making A Permanent Gelatine Mono-printing Plate


Over the last couple of days I've been making my own Gelatine Mono-Printing Plate.

If you are interested to see how I did it.
watch my step-by-step video below:-




This was the recipe I used for my box which made an 18.5 cm x 18.5 cm square plate (7.5" x 7.5" approx). It is 1.2 cms Thick (1/2").

1.5 cups Glycerine
1.5 cups Boiling Water
7 sachets of Gelatine  (Each Sachet contained 1 Tablespoon).

My plate cost a fraction of the price of the ready made versions that are on the market and turned out exceedingly well. I hope to get a lot of use out of it. If it should get damaged in any way, I can break it up, re-melt it and then re-set it.
Apparently the Glycerine acts as a preservative and so it should not go mouldy. Fingers Crossed.




No comments:

Post a Comment