Wednesday 2 January 2013








I just wanted to share with you three of my favourite altered art projects that I created in 2012. I hope you like them.

1) CAPTURED FAIRIES

This was my latest piece of altered art, Inspired by Alan Scott, which is a large chipboard tag which has been altered using Foil Tape, Modelling paste, Stencil Masks, Glimmer sprays, Metallic Rub, Pizza Trays, Dies, Flowers & Fibres. For a step-by-step video showing how I made this see my YouTube videos at the end of this post.


Finished Tag
Top View with Fibres
Poor Little Fairies All Caged Up


I die cut the cages using the black foam sheet from the bottom of a pizza
we bought. I then painted it with black acylic paint and then rubbed over
some bronze rub. The birds wings were then glittered with Cosmic Shimmer Mica Flakes. 




Butterflies made from chipboard embossed with several shades of metalic embossing powder.

Brad Hammered through the centre to look like a screw




                                           YouTube Video Captured Fairies Part 1



YouTube Video - Captured Fairies Part 2


You Tube Video - Captured Fairies Part 3


2) ALTERED LETTER "L"

My Second Project was an Altered Letter "L" which I made for my craft room.



The Base was made of Paper Maché which I paineted with cream acrylic paint, then crackle medium
followed by pink acrylic paint. Once crackled the cream pain shows thougfh the pink. I then added
flower embellishments, mesh bling, bling swirls and punched out butterflies from glitter paper.










3) My Third Project is a Tissue Box Holder that I made from scratch from chipboard, covered with designer paper from K&Co and then embellished with Chinese Braid, Flower Sprays, Butterfly Charm, Chipboard Embossed Butterfly and die cut corner pieces.








Below are my Step-by-Step videos of how I made this project.






No comments:

Post a Comment