Saturday 19 January 2013


MIXED-MEDIA NEW YEARS CARD FOR 2013


I've been working on a design for some pretty but quick & easy New Years cards that I need to make quite a few of to send to family & friends who live in France & Spain. They tend to celebrate New Year more so than Christmas. Here is what I came up with for this year:-



I've used a White card base and I inked the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. I've cut a piece of cream patterned paper, distressed & inked the edges then adhered it to the card. I've then taken a piece of corrugated cardboard and removed some of the paper to expose the ridges inside. I then painted this with Gesso leaving some of the natural colour showing. Once dried I adhered a January Calender print, which I downloaded from Tonya Gibbs (Psychomoms on YouTube) Web Page - http://www.psychomoms.com/ and then I wrapped cream organza & cream satin ribbon around one on top of the other and adhered it at the back. I then created a bow using the same two layers and glued it to the bottom of the bow to look like extra tails. I made a Happy New Year banner which I printed on my computer then cut into the banner & inked. I also made a flower from several layers of cream & craft coloured die cuts and a butterfly using a Martha Steward Punch. The butterfly has 3 layers. 1) cream card 2) cream pearlised card and the top layer is gold patterned velum.
I hope you like my creation and hope you will leave me a positive comment below.
There are some more close up photo's below and at the end my You Tube video which includes a step-by step tutorial of how I made this card.
Thanks.






Here is my YouTube video showing a step-by-step tutorial of how I put this card together.



1 comment:

  1. Hi there, Lynn! I really like this card. So much texture and subtle colors. Great job> Hugs~Terry Y.

    ReplyDelete