Tuesday 3 September 2013

ART JOURNAL PAGE - BLUE


I created this page in memory of a very dear friend who lost her life to depression.
It would have been her 21st birthday and this page is my tribute to her.

I used Dylusion Sprays and Neocolor II Water soluable crayons for the background. The doodles were done with my Faber Castelle PITT Big Brush pen and was inspired by Diane Reaveley. The whimsical portrait is my first attempt at including a face in my art journals. I was very happy with the outcome

My journalling was a quote by Tim Robbins from Jitterbug Perfume. My interpretation is of someone who is becoming disillusioned with life and losing their direction and reason to live.




There is an organisation in the UK called PAPYRUS (Prevention of Young Suicide) that has been set up to try to help young people contemplating suicide and their families. They rely almost entirely on donations. If you feel you'd like to help their cause please visit their website http://www.papyrus-uk.org/donate

Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment