Tuesday 28 October 2014

Die-Namites Dies October Challenge



Die-namites Dies are holding a monthly sketch challenge to win a $25 gift certificate and this is my entry.

The challenge was to make a card using a sketch posted on their blog as a guideline. The requirement was to incorporate at least one of their dies and some burlap.

I chose to use the Daisy Bunch Die DN-1012 which I die-cut in black card to be a silhouette. (I have cut off and moved one of the daisies from the bottom into a higher position).




As well as burlap, the sketch also had a strip of lace, so I used black for this too, to tie in with the die-cut. My matting layers were also black.

 As my strip of burlap was a mustard colour I chose a similar shade of mustard for the background paper. I used the Tim Holtz Mini Baroque die for my center mat and cut the black matting layer by hand. The lettering was cut with my ScanNcut machine. To finish I added a few black sequins and filled in the daisy centers with Black Pearl Pen by Viva Decor..



I really like the quality of the Die-namites dies and they cut very well. They have  a good selection of patterns to choose from.

If you'd like to enter the challenge you have a few days left to post your entry.  http://www.die-namitesblog.com/  If not there's always next month.

10 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, All the black making the silhouette of die pop. Like the hint of burlap (would not have thought to use like this). Great mixed media feel to background & I even like the lace.... I "don't do" lace, sshh... lol
    All elements combine to show die off to it's full! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline. I don't do lace much myself but it was part of the sketch as was the burlap so got to obey the rules LOL

      Delete
  2. OHHHH MY WORD.....your card is DARLING. Love your color choices!!!! THANK YOU for playing along with the Die~Namites Dies October Sketch Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Lynne. I enjoyed the challenge.

      Delete
  3. Oh my that is stunning. Great take!!! Love the burlap effect not too much but just enough. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Heather. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card in one of my favorite color combinations - yellow and black. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the Die~Namites Sketch and Dare Challenge!

    ReplyDelete