Thursday 27 November 2014

Art Journal Page and my Entry for the Art Journey November Challenge - Theme = Fantasy


Just thought I'd share with you my Entry for the November Challenge by Art Journey.
The theme this month was "Fantasy" and had to include Art Journey Stamps.
The stamps I chose came from the Silhouette2 set which has some interesting images.




I have used two of the images and this is the Art Journal page I made:-

My vision for the Fantasy aspect was a woman closing her eyes on her troubles to dream that she is being carried away to another calmer land.
I used Masking Fluid to create cloud areas and to act as a resist, then made a water colour wash to create the sky. There are touches of Picked Raspberry Distress ink watered down and blended in for a sky at sunset and I also used Distress Ink in Faded Jeans around the edges to simulate night drawing in. Once dried I rubbed off the Masking Fluid. I stamped and embossed my main images with Wow Black Twinkle Embossing powder. I used a tree stamp by Tattered Angels and the flock of birds was a stamp by Tim Holtz. I lightly coloured the trees with Spectrum Noir pencils. Printed my quote on my computer and adhered it with Matte Gel Medium. To finish I've matted and layered my piece first onto white card and then onto black.



                   Below is a short You Tube video where I talk through my creation process.




If you are interested in participating in the challenge click here: http://artjourneydesign-team.blogspot.nl/p/challenge.html

And if you would like to buy Art Journey Stamps  (They ship world wide) click here:- http://www.artjourney.nl/3220--art-journey-stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment