Sunday 23 November 2014

My ATC Swap With  Claudene - MsKayKrafts on YouTube


I've just finished making 6 ATC cards for a swap with Claudene who is MsKayKrafts on YouTube.
They could be on any theme we chose so here are mine.

I made the first one using the Punky Flower stamp set by chocolate baroque. the background is acrylic paint stenciled over with  Viva Decor pearl modeling paste through the Crafter's Workshop Mini Cell theory stencil. I used a silver paint pen on some of the larger spots in the design for a more metallic feel and added a rectangle of Dry Wall Tape mesh over the top. I stamped,  painted and cut out the flower images and positioned them raised up with foam tape. i glossy accented the light bulbs and added small watch/clock parts to various parts of the flowers and for the filaments in the light bulbs. I also added metal rods over the stems and under my sentiment. The metal butterfly was originally bronze so I used Inka Gold in Silver to change it. I adhered blue rhinestones into the empty sections withing the metal piece. 

The second one is made using Duct Tape in two designs. A zippe die-cut by Mariane's Creatables and a few beads strung onto metal and made into a flower with some mesh bling.

The third is using background paper from Marian Smith Designs, Pink lace, Pearl bead trim and a die-cut bird cage by Memory Box. I added a flower from my stash, Leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts and a bird that I'd purchased on ETSY quite a while ago. I printed the sentiment on my computer and added adhesive pearls to the top and bottom of the cage, As a finishing touch I rubbed glitter gel onto the petals of the flower and the wings and tail of the bird and aged the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink..

For the fourth I made a tiny shadow box and backed it with a Parisian Advert. Inside I placed an Eiffel Tower metal charm and a small flower arrangement. The front was primed with Gesso then embossed with Viva Decor Pearl Modeling paste through the Tim Holtz Baroque stencil. I then sprayed it several times with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray in Pink Cotton candy. I added two carnations, some tiny rose buds and a couple of  tiny rhinestones.

I like to make a British themed ATC when I'm making them for overseas friends.
 This ATC was to celebrating the Ceramic Poppy Art display that was at the Tower of London  this year to commemorate 100 years since the start of World War 1 and all of the British and Commonwealth soldiers who lost their lives.
I added my personal Remembrance poppy and an image of several London icons. On the back  there is an envelope containing some photo's that i took of the ceramic poppies on a recent visit and a print out explaining the event which was extremely moving.. 

The last card was made using a stamp set by Docrafts and is a paper shirt, tie & jacket. I left the front edge of the jacket unglued so I could curl it back slightly to give some dimension and to make the jacket appear as if it was open.

I really enjoyed participating in this swap and I hope Claudene likes the ATC's when they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment