Monday 21 April 2014

EASTER JOY


As it's Easter and we've all got a few days vacation I thought I'd relax and play with my Art Journal.

My lovely mum has recently bought me a Brother ScanNcut machine so I wanted to experiment with it a bit and see what the cuts were like that were included with the machine. This lead me to be inspired to create this whimsical Easter page featuring none other than the "Easter Bunny" himself.

I've used a lot of pastel colours and wanted to create a whimsical dream like piece.
I sprayed the background with Crafty Notions Colour Spray in Blue Lustre, Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays in Baby Blue Eyes and Delphinium Turquoise. I then stamped over all the background with Aquamarine Archival Ink on a Kaisercraft Texture Stamp called Hessian. I freehand cut some hills from card and cut a couple of grass borders with my ScanNcut. Using an X-cut die I used up some of my scraps by cutting some Hexagons. I used another die, this time in an oval and cut another shape to be my egg. I painted this with Liquitex Unbleached Titanium and stamped over the surface with Colorbox Cats Eye ink in Creamy Brown using a Shiela Douglas "Ageing Beautiful Crackle stamp from her A Little Bit Sketchy range. I diecut the daisies in white and pink using a Die-namites die called Daisy Bunch DN-1012 and used "Fluffy Stuff" by Woodware in the centre of each flower and puffed it up with a heat gun. I used my ScanNcut again to cut the carrots, clouds, the sun and the Easter Joy lettering.

Once the letters where adhered into place I outlined them with a Stabillo Fine Liner pen in black and added some shadow with a Faber Castelle Big Brush PITT pen in Cold Grey. I then covered each letter with Glitz Glitter Glue in Iridescent Sparkle. I also added a bit of this same glitter glue to the bunny's bow.

I added "Fluffy Stuff" by Woodware to the centre of my sun and also to the centre of each flower as shown below. I then puffed this up using a heat gun. It gives a great effect.


The crackle stamp used on the egg gives a realistic look.

I hope you like my journal page and if you'd like to see me making it you can watch my YouTube video
below which has a Step-by-step walk though at double speed.



No comments:

Post a Comment