Thursday 10 April 2014

MOTHER'S DAY 


On the 30th March in the UK it was Mother's Day and I'd like to share with you a card I made for my lovely Mother. I hope you like it as much as she did.

I folded the front of the card base back on itself and die-cut a half circle into the edge with the fold. I trimmed off half an inch from the other end and then embossed half of the card front up to the fold using a Dots embossing folder. I created a fringe using fringe scissors and adhered this to the underside of the folded card front. I then glued the whole of the folded card flap down onto itself so that it no longer flipped open. I die cut 2 labels, the larger one in the same colour as my flower and layerd one on top of the other. I then stamped and embossed my sentiment. I adhered this to the front of the card and added a gold die-cut butterfly by Die-mond Dies to the edge of the label and placed a gold die-cut corner by Marianne's Creations near the top of the card.

I stamped stems & leaves onto the inside of the card and embossed them with Verdigris embossing powder by Ranger. I then used one of the Papermania Big Blooms as my bottom flower. I stamped and fussy cut several other flower parts which I adhered on top of the large one and then to finish it off, a gold punched flower and a resin center.

I had a couple of die-cut leaf stems which were similar to the stamped image I already added, so I glued those in between the others to give some dimension. I then continued the theme of the front of the card and added another gold die-cut butterfly and two more gold corners. I die-cut another large label but this time in white card and glued it onto the back of the other labels for neatness. It also gave me a place to write my message.

The center resin piece has a basket weave design - Very cute..

No comments:

Post a Comment