Tuesday 3 June 2014

BIRTHDAY CARDS FOR MY LOVELY MUM


I've been busy over the last few days making a couple of birthday cards for my lovely mum.
I needed to make two as my daughter asked me to make one for her to give too.

I decided to utilize the help of my Brother ScanNcut cutting machine and these are what I came up with.


I absolutely love how this card turned out. I used a cut file for the box which was a freebie from applelover53 on YouTube. Once assembled I die-cut and assembled flowers from dies and punches in my stash then adhered them onto thin acitate strips with tacky glue. I then adhered these to the three cardstock ledges that run across the inside of the box. I die-cut lots of green leafy flourishes with a Cheery Lynn die and randomly added these between the flowers.



Here you can see the ledges for mounting the flowers.


The Happy Birthday on the front was die-cut from a free die which came with a magazine. I cut off the frame and just used the internal letters. I then added a Butterfly die-cut from the Diamond-Dies die.
I made my flowers quite dimensional as my box wasn't going in the post. If you want to mail it you would need to create flat flowers. It's an amazing card concept as the whole thing can fold flat to fit in an envelope. I shall definitely be making more of these in the future.  

For the second card I used a free cutting file I found on the internet from a lady called  Bird (http://www.birdscards.com/) to cut out the lattice front of the card. I covered this with glitter glue and once dry I mounted it onto light blue card and then again onto the white card base. I die-cut a small label which I mounted onto light blue card and inked the edges with Broken China Distress Ink before adhering to the center of my card. I used the ScanNcut again to cut out the word "Nana from the same light blue card and added this to the white lable. I die cut a butterfly using a die from Diamond-Dies from Blue Miri card and a silver miri card base. I added silver rhinestones to the center of several of the lattice flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment