Thursday 5 June 2014

ART JOURNAL PAGE - "STARS"


A new Mixed-Media Art Journal page I've created today entitled "Stars"
This page is a tribute to all the lovely friends I have made on You Tube who live all over the world.
There is a short YouTube Time lapse video at the end of this post showing the creation of this page.

I first wet the page with water then dropped on some Liquitex Acrylic Ink in Quinacridone Magenta and allowed it to find it's own organic path. I helped it along in places by blowing through a drinking straw to create veins of ink. Once thoroughly dry I splattered randomly on the page with Carbon Black Liquitex Ink.
To give the piece texture I adhered a length of cheese cloth which I pulled about to tatter the edges. On top of this I adhered a length of pink plastic netting (Recycled from some wrapping around fruit) which I also distressed along the edges. I printed my sentiment onto pink card using my P. C. then die cut it into a heart shape. I inked the edges with Picked Raspberry distress ink then used hot glue to stick it on the right side of my page. (If you have any glue spots showing through the textiles you can use these pieces to cover them from view).
I had found a large bag of unusual shaped sequins on one of my shopping sprees and I adhered these on randomly to represent stars and other objects in space. I also added silver rhinestones. Finally I matted the piece onto copy paper that I had coloured the edge with an alcohol ink marker which matched the pink colour on my page. Then matted again onto black card before finally adhering it into my journal.
I was very pleased with the final result. Sometimes you just know when something feels right. 










Here is the video


No comments:

Post a Comment