Saturday 21 June 2014

DAY TAGS FOR MARTINA HUPPERTOVA


Martina Huppertova on YouTube was holding a competition challenge (I believe it's closed now) to make Day Tags that she will be including in her weight loss journal. The rules were to create a tag and it had to be a certain size and include 7 text fields. You could only use the colours Pink, Black, White and Silver.She has made over 100 of these tags herself which she documents on her YTChannel
https://www.youtube.com/user/2101JustPerfect/videos but she will be moving house soon and has had to pack up her craft room, so she thought it would be great fun to have some tags made by her subscribers to add to the journal and she will do a prize draw once all the tags have been shown.

The requirement to enter the competition was for just one tag, but I had so much fun creating the first one that I went on and made three.

I love the organic looking background on this tag. (If you want to know how I created it look out for my next YouTube video where I show a step-by-step tutorial). I added seed beads and sequins for more texture and I really didn't want to cover any of it with Text fields. I deliberated for a long time for the best way to add the fields without ruining the effect of the background and then had had the idea of the pretty butterflies.  I then punched a hole, added an eyelet and some of this lovely whispy trim. To finish I edged the tag with pink glitter glue.

For this tag I used two different patterns of Duct tape. The zipper die-cut is by Marianne's Creatables and I used a small circle punch for the text fields which I shaded around the edges with Distress ink. I punched a hole then added an eyelet and fluffy trim.

Again I've used Duct Tape for the background. I die-cut hearts from black card, Heat embossed the edges with silver embossing powder. I added silver glittery glue around the edge of the tag. An eyelet and black trim finished it off.

2 comments:

  1. I love them. The zipper one is really cool. Duct tape! Atta girl. These are so Martina! Great job Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellie. Martina is definitely the Queen of pink. I'm glad you liked them. They were fun to make. Hugs Lynn

      Delete