Monday 10 March 2014

A FEW CARDS I'VE MADE 


I had a bit of a card creating spree so I thought I'd quickly share 3 cards with you.

The first two are to send to the parents of new born babies and the 3rd is a sympathy card.

The first card was for a baby boy and I used digital papers & decoupage from the "Forever Friends™" - New Arrival CD Rom by Docrafts Digital Designer. This was a very timely freebie from the March 2014 edition of Docrafts Creativity Magazine.. I printed out and distressed the edges of the papers and inked with Broken China and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. I added faux stitching to the inner paper circle layer and a die cut flourish by Cheery Lynn Designsand a few flowers from my stash which I also inked with the Broken China. To finish it off I added a couple of paper butterflies and a small sentiment banner under the bear to act as his seat. This was so he's not just floating in thin air. Finally I added a blue ribbon to the bears neck and some blue rhinestones around the scalloped circle and for the bodies of the butterflies.  

For the inside I added a matching sheet of paper from the CD and inked the edges with Mowed Lawn Distress ink. I printed out my sentiment onto white card and die cut into a scalloped circle. I inked this edge with Broken China and added two more butterflies with rhinestones as I had on the front of the card.

I used the same CD to print out the papers as before only this time in pink. I distressed the edges and added Pickled Raspberry and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. This time I positioned the bear closer to the bottom edge and then added a punk rinnon bow, paper butterfly and pearls around the edge of the scalloped circle. Again I added the faux stitching with a green fine knib pen and some die-cut paper flowers & leaves from my stash

Again the inside was the same as the blue version but in pink

The third card was for the husband of a dear friend who sadly passed  away recently. I wanted to make something simple yet elegant. I stamped the Lilies and the sentiment on to thick white card using the Woodware Calla Lily FRS215 Clear stamp and StayZon Ink. I coloured the leaves with green metalic marker pen and painted the Lilies with a light cream acrylic paint. Once dried I added Glossy Accents to the Lily heads for a lovely shine. The centre of each Lily was filled with liquid aplique which puffs up when heated. I matted this panel onto first black then silver mirror card. I die cut a frame with the Sizzix Framelets 657903 die, then cut this in half and adhered each half to the edge of my layers. This whole section was then adhered to the card front with PVA glue.

I  typed out my sentiment on my computer then printed & die-cut it into a square which I matted with black card and adhered onto the centre.

I hope you like my creations and would love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment