Saturday 15 March 2014

GUEST DESIGNER FOR CRAFT STAMPER CHALLENGE BLOG


As part of my prize for winning last months Craft Stamper Magazine Take It Make It Challenge number 6 I was asked to be a guest designer for their number 7 challenge which was all about making a mono-printed background but using an acrylic block instead of a Gelli Plate (You don't always need to spend a lot of money to create a similar effect). The rest of the design could be anything you choose.

Here is a link to their Blog Post showing my design and others who participated:- http://craftstamper.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/take-it-make-it-march-inspiration.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+CraftStamperMagazine+(Craft+Stamper+Magazine)

This is the card design that I came up with:-

As the mono-printed background was so random I decided to use up some scraps from my stash to continue the eclectic theme of Art.
 I took a piece of strong white card and added several colours of acrylic paint to my block then used a breyer to lightly roll over  the paint to spread it in various directions. I  layed the white card carefully on top of the paint and smoothed it down on the back with my hand. This transferred the paint onto the card. Once it was dry I added some stamped swirls with red StayZon ink

To embellish I used some punched strips I had left over from other projects, some washi tape and some die-cut hearts. I freehand cut a large heart from a trash piece of corrugated card,  peeled some of the top layer off for a rustic effect and painted it with white gesso.

 I.stamped paint brushes, pencils and the word "Art" using the Brushes & Pencils rubber stamp set by Art Journey onto white card, coloured them with Spectrum Noir marker pens and then fussy cut them out. I made the word "Art" into a flag and adheared it onto a cocktail stick for the wooden flag-pole. I then tucked these pieces into and under the heart to make up my composition and I die cut a crown from gold mirror card which I adhered to the edge of the heart with foam dots and glued on some blue rhinestones and tiny red hearts.

I doodled a border around the edge with white paint pens and a Faber-Castell black Pitt pen and glued on more tiny hearts. I stamped "Go Create" onto slightly larger hearts and used these for my sentiment. Then to add onto the eclectic feel of the piece I used a die-cut heart from Cheery Lynn, which I cut apart and glued small sections onto the central heart to give it an old worn vintage feel. 





I have also entered this card into the That's Crafty March Challenge - Anything Goes. - So wish me luck.

 http://thatscraftychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/anything-goes-challenge.html?utm_source=That%27s%20Crafty!%20Newsletter%2012th%20March%202014&utm_campaign=That%27s%20Crafty!%20Newsletter%201st%20october%202013&utm_medium=email

No comments:

Post a Comment