Sunday 2 March 2014

MAKE ART WITH HEART


I've just finished a two page Art Journal spread that I made by recycling the packaging cellophane from the flowers that my hubby bought me for St. Valentines day. I was determined to use it somehow in a project and I wasn't sure where I was going with it at each stage. I had fun playing and I was pleased with the outcome.

This is a matching double page spread, but each side, although complementary to the other, is totally different.
I apologise for the glare in some areas of the pictures. It was very hard to photograph as the light was reflecting on the cellophane. 

I cut  parts from the cellophane wrapping that I was able to save and adheared  pieces to my page as a border with Tacky Glue.. I then added a border on the inside edge with red, black & white doodled squares using Faber Castell Big Brush Pitt Pens. I free-handed the words I wanted to say in black Pitt Pen and coloured in the gaps with Naphthol Crimson Liquitex Ink and added white dots with my Sakura Gelli Roll pen. Using a die cut as a stencil, I used  Naphthol Crimson Liquitex paint to stencil the tiny hearts in the centre & top of my page. I then glued some larger cellophane hearts that I had fussy cut onto the centre of the page and added some cross hatch stamping using a Jofy stamp with white colorbox Ink for more texture.

For the opposite page, I firstly adhered a strip of the cellophane to the left hand side of the page as a border and then painted the centre with a light grey acrylic paint that I'd made by mixing white and a tiny amount of black together. Once this was dried I over stamped in a dark grey dye ink using a textured background stamp  in the Boofle range by Papermania. This helped to match it with the grey textured background of the cellophane on the previous page. I then painted a white scalloped border with Gesso and stenciled the tiny hearts onto it as before. I glued on more fussy cut cellophane hearts to form flowers, buds & leaves. I stamped seed heads along the bottom border with a stamp by Chocolate Baroque and then stamped tiny swirls along the flower stems with another stamp from Inkadinkadoo, I added  doodling with my white Gelli Roll pen and cross hatch stamping to the large petals and  various other parts of the page. 




 I have posted a video on YouTube of my Step-By-Step process and you can watch it directly from here by clicking below. I hope you will become a subscriber to my Channel. (There is a link on the Right hand panel).




2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog. Very nice I love the header.
    I am on Joann. com right now looking at Pit Pens. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been posting to my blog since 2011. It's nice to have you here for a visit. I would definitely recommend buying the black if you don't get any other colour.

      Delete